Swallow Aquatics’ East Harling branch opened in 1993 and has established itself as the pacesetter in Norfolk, attracting visitors and customers from all over the country.
It’s winning formula? Quality value-for-money livestock and accessories backed up with a quality service.
But don’t just take our word for it, or the fact that thousands of people pour through the doors every year. Come and see for yourself.
You will find:
- 3 large Tropical freshwater systems with approximately 10,000 litres of water in each. That’s over 100 fully stocked aquariums.
- A large Tropical plant display system, stocked with a wide variety of aquarium plants.
- A new 6000 litre Tropical marine system with over 50 aquariums fully stocked with an unbeatable range of marine fish and invertebrate.
- A massive brand new Coldwater system with two 50,000 litre underground reservoirs for pond fish and koi.
- A 5000 litre system with approximately 30 aquariums of high quality Chinese and Singapore bred Fancy Goldfish.F For our Reptiles and Amphibians we have new purpose built vivariums designed by Swallow Aquatics. The fully temperature controlled environments meet the needs of most individual species.
- Norfolk’s largest Accessory Centre where we stock anything and everything for tanks and ponds. If we haven’t got it in stock, we’ll get it for you.
- A purpose built Pond plant cultivation centre which produces tens of thousands of plants for all four Swallow Aquatics’ centres.
- The Garden Centre is small and the layout is informal, but it is packed full with interesting and often unusual shrubs, perennials, trees, climbers, alpines, conifers etc…as well as seasonal plants. If we do not stock the plant you are looking for we will do our best to locate it for you. Staff are on hand to offer help and advice on all plants.
- A large newly resurfaced car park to deal with the demands of this rapidly expanding 18 acre site.
- Open 7 days a week – including Bank Holidays
In our many displays you will also find:
- Junior, a metre long dwarf caymen crocodile (Pealeosuchus palibrosus),
- Twiglet, a metre long red tailed catfish (Phractocophalus hemiliopterus)
- Shelley and Keats, a pair of giant sulcata tortoises (Geochelone sulcata)
The facilities at East Harling are constantly being improved. A new tropical marine system and car park are just some of the changes to have taken place in the last few years. If you fancy a day out in rural Norfolk come and meet us. You will not regret it.
Harling Road, East Harling, Norfolk, NR16 2QW
Telephone: 01953 718184
Monday to Sunday: 9am - 6pm